Large Format Printing Artwork Preparation Guidelines
- Each job (including multiple paged projects) must be submitted as a single PDF file. Ensure that all pages are the same size.
- Files must be submitted with proper orientation to ensure proper back up.
- It is best to try to avoid using borders in your design. If a border is too close to the trim, the trim may be slightly off-center.
- All important art and text must be within the safety margin of 1/8” or 0.125″.
- Bleeding of 1/8″ or 0.125″ on all sides is a must for most of the jobs.
- FOR LARGE FORMAT PRINTING: Ensure that your PDF is high resolution and that all images are CMYK at 100-150 DPI.
- FOR OFFSET PRINTING: Ensure that your PDF is high resolution and that all images are CMYK at 300-350 DPI.
- Fine black type should have the following values: C0, M0, Y0, K100.
- For large rich black color block, use values: C20, M20, Y20, K100.
- Embed or outline all fonts.
- For best colour results and avoid any color shift, please supply a CMYK only file.
- For i-cut artwork, the cutline has to be on a different layer on the pdf file, and naming that layer “CUT”.
FOR more info on preparing artwork, please view or download this FAQ page.
Hi 5 Canada will NOT be responsible for any color issues if the above guidelines are not followed.
Hi 5 Canada is not liable for color matching or ink density on screen proofs approved by the customers. Screen proofs will predict design layout, text accuracy, image proportion and placement, but not color or density. While Hi 5 Canada will try it’s best to match the gradient density of each color , Hi 5 Canada is not liable for the final appearance of a color. Application of UV Coating may affect or change the appearance of the printed colors. Hi 5 Canada is not liable for the final color appearance of a UV product/s.
Because of differences in equipment, paper and inks and other conditions between color proofing and production press room operations, a reasonable variation in color between color proofs and the completed job is expected, unavoidable and shall constitute an acceptable delivery. Hi 5 Canada will make every effort to produce a reasonable representation based on materials supplied by the customer; however, Hi 5 Canada does not guarantee color matching. Unfortunately time to time there is a misrepresentation of color due to soft proofing because of calibration of one monitor to another.